ICIC Tax Credit Purchase Consortium
Other Programs | New Markets Tax Credit Program | ICIC Tax Credit Purchase Consortium
Iowa has great potential to grow large companies from small ones. We just need the capital to do it. Quad City Bank joined the ICIC Tax Credit Purchase Consortium to bring needed venture capital to our great state.
ICIC is grateful for the support of our current Consortium members:
- 1st National Bank of Muscatine
- Ames National Corporation
- Delta Dental of Iowa
- Dubuque Bank & Trust
- E. I. du Pont
- Interstate Power and Light Company
- Iowa Network Services
- Quad City Bank & Trust
— Mike Bauer, CEO
The Iowa Association of Business and Industry (ABI)
supports the work of the ICIC to build the seed and venture capital industry that serves Iowa entrepreneurs.
ABI members are invited to join the ICIC Tax Credit Purchase Consortium, a no-cost and no-risk way to encourage venture investing in Iowa.
What is the ICIC Tax Credit Purchase Consortium?
The ICIC Tax Credit Purchase Consortium is a no-cost, no-risk way for businesses and individuals to help attract capital to Iowa's seed and venture capital industry. Consortium members play a vital role in building Iowa's entrepreneurial ecosystem:
- The ICIC uses contingent tax credit contracts to attract investment capital
- Tax credits are sold when available to Consortium members
- At no cost, members trade dollars for tax credits, capped at their total tax liability
What to Expect — A growing network of seed and venture investors
Consortium members support ICIC's work to bring a dozen or more new venture capital funds to Iowa:
- Venture funds invest in a range of Iowa companies, from seed to later stage
- Funds provide know-how to new startups and work to grow established companies
- Funds bring knowledge of successful venture investing to Iowa
- Successful funds spur the formation of new venture teams in Iowa
Good for Iowa
By joining the ICIC Tax Credit Purchase Consortium, ABI members:
- Help build a robust entrepreneurial culture in Iowa
- Help ICIC achieve the greatest value for Iowa taxpayers
- Receive public thanks